City (Hybrid) bikes, Road bikes and Folding bikes
We hire Ridgeback hybrid/city bikes (with mudguards and rack),
Genesis Volant road bikes and 2015 Brompton folding bikes (but we don't hire mountain bikes).
We have been hiring bikes to customers from all over the world since 1988 and are well known for our service, knowledgeable advice and good old fashioned friendliness.
Ridgeback Meteor hybrid (city) bikes with :-
- Rack and full length mudguards (additional to the spec/picture below).
- Lightweight & strong frames in 15", 17", 19" and 21" sizes.
- Strong and light alloy wheel rims.
- All Shimano componentry.
- Comfortable padded saddles.
Brompton Folding bike (one size) Note that up to 2 days hire can be refunded against a subsequent Brompton bike purchase.
Genesis Volant 10 road bikes: 16 gears, aluminium frame and Shimano parts; sizes: 50cm, 54cm, 56cm and 58cm. This bike is perfect for fast road cycling.
BIKETRAX CYCLE HIRE PRICES FOR 2015
|Type of bike||1 Day||Extra Days||1 Week||Extra Weeks|
|Genesis Road Bike||£25.00||£20.00||£120.00||£100.00|
|Brompton Folding Bikes||£25.00||£18.00||£100.00||£80.00|
Photographic I.D. such as your passport or driving licence is essential. Your deposit can be a credit card swipe, £100 cash or you can leave your passport or driving licence.
- Included with hire: tool, tube & puncture kit; pump, helmet and lock.
- Bikes are fitted with a bottle cage, but we don't hire bottles - they can be purchased separately.
- All bikes have standard pedals for use with normal shoes. You can have your own pedals fitted.
Edinburgh is the ideal starting place to explore the delights and sights of Scotland, from Dumfries and the Borders , through Fife, right up to the Highlands and Islands such as Skye and the Hebrides.
The Falkirk Wheel is within easy cycling distance too, along the Union Canal cycle path which starts at the end of the road from the shop, and takes you all the way to Glasgow if you're feeling fit enough.
Alternatively cycling is a great way of getting round Edinburgh, and there are many pleasant cyclepaths within the city. Nice places to visit include coastal areas like Cramond or Portobello, or ride a lap of Aurthur's Seat for stunning views of the city and local area.